A winner-takes-all open-mic for your short films
As part of its ongoing commitment to promote local films and encourage local film production, the Gateway Film Center is introducing a new monthly short film screening event. It’s called Show Me Your Shorts, and it’s an informal, easygoing showcase and friendly competition.
- Here’s how it works:
- On the fourth Monday of every month, filmmakers, friends and fans gather in the concessions lounge at Gateway – $5 to get in.
- Filmmakers enter their shorts onsite right up until post time by giving the facilitator an online screening link – YouTube or Vimeo.
- Ten movies max, 10 minute max runtime.
- After everything plays, the audience votes on its favorite.
- The winner gets the door – all $5 covers paid for that night.
Videos must be 12 minutes in length or less and uploaded on either Youtube.com or Vimeo.com. Filmmakers may submit their videos as early as three days in advance or as late as 8:30 PM the night of the show. All filmmakers must be in attendance by 8:30 PM the night of the show. Filmmakers and guests must be 18 or older.
In order to submit, a link to your video should be sent to email@example.com with the following info:
– The subject line should read “Show Us Your Shorts – Your Name – Name of Film”
– The body of the email should include your name, the name of the film, and runtime of the film, as well as a link to a video hosting website (either Youtube or Vimeo) which can stream your video. Only Youtube or Vimeo links will be accepted.